Everyone Is In Sales
Whether you are a small business owner, corporate employee or even unemployed, you are in sales. Everything you do involves sales and the better you are at sales, the better your relationships will be, the more money you will makes, and the quicker you will advance in your chosen business or profession. Because of this it is important that you work on and hone your sales skills on a daily basis.
I think the challenge most people face is the perception that sales is somehow bad or deceitful. The image of the cigar chomping used car salesman comes to mind. Some feel that to sell is beneath them or they worry about how people will view them. The reality is that sales is form of persuasion.
One of my favorite books on sales is “Little Red Book of Selling” by Jeffrey Gitomer. While there are many good and even great books on selling, this book is very succinct, easy to read, and covers the “meat and potatoes” of sales. In it Jeffrey Gitomer covers his 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness.
- Kick your own ass. Motivation and inspiration is your responsibility, no one else’s.
- Prepare to Win, or lose to someone who is. Winning requires a plan and preparation. It doesn’t happen by itself.
- Personal branding is sales: It’s not who you know, it’s who knows you. Be known as an expert in your field. Be known as a resource for your friends and clients. Be known as a hard worker who cares about his clients.
- It’s all about value, it’s all about relationship, it’s not all about price. If price was only ever the option, only Kia’s would be sold and no one would own a Mercedes.
- It’s not work, it’s network. You don’t live or work in a void. Meet people, talk to people, help people. Get out there!
For more visit Jeffrey Gitomers website and buy his book “Little Red Book of Selling”. It only costs $20 and it is the best I have found to date.
Bottom line, you’re already in sales whether you want to be or whether you think you are or not. Becoming a better persuader is key to your success in all areas.
Be a Renegade,